Your best holiday in Berchtesgaden in Bavaria
Holiday region Berchtesgadener Land: a year-round experience
“You don’t know what to do first when on holiday in Berchtesgaden”, says host Peter Juhre. “The Watzmann is pretty much right outside the door, Königssee only a few kilometres away. And there’s a grand biosphere reserve around our Ferienparadies Alpenglühn. It doesn’t get any more beautiful!” Take to the mountains in hiking boots or on mountain bike in summer or hit several ski regions around the Watzmann in winter. Peter has compiled the best suggestions for your summer and winter holiday in Berchtesgaden. Read more now!
Multifaceted holiday in Berchtesgaden
Berchtesgaden – ancient cultured land with long history, imposing alpine scenery and divine place for sports and trips. Romans, Celts, Bavarians: over the course of centuries, all of them left their mark on the land around the Watzmann, which is rich in salt and metal.. 19th century landscapists caused a genuine euphoria for the alpine beauties. Tourism in Berchtesgaden was born.
The Bavarian kings choose Berchtesgaden as thier summer residence to relax from the heat of the royal seat of Munich in the pleasant climate on approx. 570 m above sea level. You will certainly love what kings already liked: take a look at the numerous options for your active holiday in the Berchtesgadener Land!
Hiking at the Hintersee
Winter sports on the Watzmann
Summer holiday in Berchtesgaden:
hiking, biking, golf and action sports
Exercise makes happy
- Hiking & Nordic walking on 230 km of marked hiking trails:
summit tours, alp and themed paths, cable cars, alp adventure bus
- Climbing centre Berchtesgaden, fixed rope routes, climbing school
- Guided hikes, rope routing, tours with mountain guides
- Cycling on 565 km of cycling paths, 25 mountain bike tours
- Segway tours, forest high-rope course, action sports
- Watzmann thermal spa, pools and swimming lakes
- Golf courts Obersalzberg: 9-hole site (Par 70) with golf school
Summer activities with host Peter Juhre: “Gotta get up there!”
Mountain adventures for young & old
It comes as no surprise that Peter has thought of a couple of “gems” for your summer holiday in Berchtesgaden! One of which is the breakfast at the mountain hut in the Jennergebiet with a sensational panoramic view.
Peter will gladly show you “his” Berchtesgadener Land and Salzburg during hikes to idyllic spots located beyond popular hiking destinations. Action athletes also get what they’re looking for: Peter gladly organises rafting and mountain tours and paragliding adventures.
Explore even more destinations around Berchtesgaden
and trips to the Königssee!
Winter holidays in the Berchtesgadener Land:
snow sports and skiing
Activities around the Watzmann
- Skiing in Berchtesgaden: four ski regions with easy, intermediate
and difficult slopes, ski schools, ski lessons and ski rentals
- Snowboarding, freeriding and tandem paragliding
- Ski busses and public busses, modern cable cars and lifts
- Flexible ski passes for children and adults, guided ski tours
- Numerous ski huts for a cosy rest stop
- Snowshoe hikes and 120 km of winter hiking trails
- Tobogganing on the bob and artificial ice run Königssee
- Horse-drawn carriage rides, relaxing at the Watzmann thermal spa
Winter fun with Peter:
travelling through snow paradise Berchtesgaden
Hut action and après-ski
Whether it’s snowing or the sun is shining, the weather is always suitable for great activities in the winter scenery. Peter’s activity-laden programme features hikes and ski touring. The romantic torchlight hikes with mulled wine and guitar music are particularly popular!
Returning to the Ferienparadies Alpenglühn, the pleasant warmth of sauna and jacuzzi are waiting for you, before the long après winter sports night kicks off in the snuggery. A hearty fondue or raclette is just the right thing now.
Christmas market hopping with Peter and the Alpenglühn bus!